Ecological Impact Award
Applications for this award open between 1 May and 30 June each year via this online form.
The Ecological Impact Award was established by the Ecological Society of Australia to celebrate and recognise the working partnership between ecological researchers and ecological practitioners.
The award aims to showcase and communicate applied ecological research projects grown out of partnerships between researchers and practitioners. It is intended to assist in promoting and upscaling on-ground outcomes based on robust ecological science and to support opportunities to build on project successes.
The application and the award are made jointly to both members of the partnership, which may be, for example, between a university researcher and farmer, a government researcher and an industry partner, or an academic and a consultancy.
The prize covers funded attendance for two people to attend the ESA’s Annual Conference (including conference registration, flights and accommodation (to the value of $5,000) where the awardees will be invited to give a joint Plenary as part of the Practitioner Engagement Symposium.
The Award is open to anyone from academia, industry or government who meets the award criteria as follows:
- Applied on-ground ecological research that showcases the value of meaningful partnerships between practitioners and researchers. Note it will be presented to both the research and practitioner individuals or groups.
- Identified measurable ecological impacts and/or outcomes.
- Outline how you intend to promote your research outcomes to practitioners, stakeholders and the broader community.
- Show how the project has contributed or has the potential to contribute to broader outcomes in enhancing the scale and/or quality of larger scale conservation efforts.
- Plenary as part of the Practitioner Engagement Symposium at ESA2021
- Funded attendance for two people to attend ESA2021 (including conference registration, flights and accommodation (to the value of $5,000).
Award Winner Benefits:
- Award presentation at the ESA conference Awards Plenary;
- Recognition in the handbook and conference/ESA website;
- Opportunity to write an article in the ESA Bulletin;
- Opportunity to present a poster at the conference poster session.
For more information contact: Gail Spina – ExecutiveOfficer@ecolsoc.org.au