ESA student members are eligible for a wide range of prizes by presenting a poster or paper at the ESA Annual Conference. Winners are announced at the student prizes ceremony at the conference and presented with their prize.
Presenters will be considered eligible for student prizes if they are presenting work done during their candidature, within 12 months of completing their degree.
The following prizes are available to nominating student speakers in 2015:
- ESA Marilyn Fox Award for best inaugural presentation at a conference
- ESA Wiley student prize for outstanding spoken presentation at the conference (3 prizes)
- ESA Wiley student prize for outstanding poster presentation at the conference (2 prizes)
- Wiley/EMR prize for a spoken presentation on management or restoration
- Wiley/EMR prize for a poster presentation on management or restoration
- Society for Conservation Biology Prize for a spoken paper on conservation
- Australian Flora Foundation prize for a spoken paper and poster on the biology or cultivation of an Australian plant
ESA invites winners to submit their abstract for inclusion on the ESA website.