ESA Board positions - nomination form
Elections will be held at the 2019 ESA AGM on Tuesday 26 November 2019 at the ESA's Annual Conference in Launceston.
Who can nominate?
All financial members are eligible to nominate and can nominate for a specific Executive role or for an Ordinary Director position with portfolio.
There are many benefits to being a part of the Society’s management team:
- Participate in driving the strategic direction of the peak professional body for ecologists
- Be a part of delivering on the new Strategic Plan
- Opportunity to advocate for your sector or an idea your passionate about
- Professional development - take advantage of training opportunities
- It looks great on your CV!
- Travel and accommodation to Planning Day held during the annual ESA Conference
- Free membership for every year of service
What positions are available?
All positions that are at the end of their term or are becoming vacant due to resignation are spilled prior to the AGM and nominations can be submitted for any of these roles whether Executive or Ordinary Director. Current Board members are always eligible to renominate, unless they have reached their maximum term, and voting will be held for each position via a show of hands or ballot paper depending on number of nominations. In 2019, the following positions are open for nomination:
- Vice President Science & Applications
- Vice President Membership Services
- Vice President Public Outreach & Policy
- Director Fundraising & Sponsorship
The Board has identified the following skills and experience as highly desirable to progress the current Strategic Plan. If you have experience or a keen interest in anything on this list then please think seriously about putting up your hand.
- Practitioner/Consultancy sector expreience
- Early-career Ecologists
- Member engagement
- Fundraising and sponsorship
- Legal practice
How do I nominate?
All applicants are required to submit a one page CV and a PowerPoint slide by 16 November outlining their reason for nominating and what they would like to achieve as a Board member to accompany their nomination and for presentation at the AGM. Nominees do not have to be present at the AGM to be eligible for election. Download the Powerpoint template here.
Election will be by a vote from the floor at the AGM plus submitted proxy votes.
Specific Board Position Statements are under review and will be available here in due course. In the meantime, you will find information about Board Director's responsibility in the By-Laws (Annexure A of the ESA Constitution). If you have any questions about any of the positions or the electoral process, please contact the ESA's Executive Officer.
It is recommended that you are familiar with the Strategic Plan, the ESA Consitution which outlines the general responsibilities of a Board member and specific responsibilties for each Board position (Annexure A of the Constitution), as well having a quick chat to the Executive Officer, before nominating.