Classification: Environment Officer Class 9
Employment Status: Temporary, Full-time (1 role available)
Duration: ASAP up to 30 June 2021
• Liaise with and influence a range of stakeholders to achieve optimal outcomes in an often politically and socially sensitive context
• Understand the complexities of impacting issues in the operating context and recommend and implement innovative and conceptual practical solutions
• Provide high quality, accurate and timely advice to inform decision making processes
The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage aims to enrich life in NSW by helping the community to conserve and enjoy our environment and heritage. For more information go to www.environment.nsw.gov.au and www.linkedin.com/company/office-of-environment-and-heritage-nsw-departme....
Regional Operations Division delivers integrated and customer focused services at the regional and local level to strengthen communities and partnerships across NSW. This includes services, programs and grants to support land use planning, threatened species, native vegetation, education, community engagement, energy efficiency, volunteering, environmental water management, coast and flood protection, compliance and enforcement, adapting to a changing climate and private land conservation.
• Knowledge of and experience in the interpretation of legislation, and experience in dealing with environmental planning and assessment issues.
• Experience in the assessment and analysis of strategic and complex conservation proposals.
• Current Drivers Licence
Primary purpose of the role: Provide advice to local and state government, proponents and the community on statutory and strategic planning matters and contribute to the NSW Government’s initiatives in relation to environmental planning, management and conservation.
To Apply: Please apply from I work for NSW website iworkfor.nsw.gov.au and search job reference number 000067TP.
Applications Close: Tuesday, 17 July 2018, 11.59 pm
Should you require further information about the role please contact Samantha Wynn - (02) 6883 5365; if you have any enquiries regarding the recruitment process please contact Astha Paliwal on firstname.lastname@example.org