The Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems (CFE) conducts research in the following areas to assist in the management of freshwater resources for beneficial ecological outcomes:
· Ecosystem monitoring and assessment
· Environmental chemistry and contaminants
· Spatial modelling and GIS analysis
· Fish Ecology and management
· Genetics and conservation
· Quantitative modelling and forecasting
· Water management and policy
· Wetland and floodplain plant and animal ecology
The centre is currently inviting applications for Doctorate of Philosophy (PhD) scholarships starting in 2019.
Candidates can apply for the following scholarships:
· La Trobe University Post-graduate Research Scholarship (Australian Government’s Research Training Program (RTP) or International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (LTUPRS) for 3.5 years, with a value of approx. $27,000 annum to support your living costs
· Fee-relief scholarship (LTUFFRS) for 3.5 years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University (relevant to international applicants only).
· Top-up scholarship through the Murray-Darling Basin Authority Joint Governments for $10,000 per annum top-up scholarship and $5,000 per annum operating funds
These positions will be based at the Centre for Freshwater Ecosystems at either the Albury-Wodonga or Mildura campuses of La Trobe University.
Eligibility and application
If you wish to apply for these scholarships you:
1. Must have a first-class Honours degree (or equivalent) in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. biology, ecology, environmental chemistry, and geochemistry).
See details below for eligibility and equivalence
2. Should include in your application: (i) your resume, (ii) academic transcript and (iii) an electronic copy of your Honours (or Masters) thesis.
Completed applications for international candidates (LTUPRS + LTUFFRS) close 30 September 2018. Applications for domestic candidates (RTP; Australian and New Zealand) close 31 October 2018.
Applications will be considered on a competitive basis and you will be advised of an outcome in December 2018.
Applications for an MDBA Joint Government top-up scholarship can be made once you are successful in receiving an RTP, LTUPRS or LTUFFRS scholarship and can be submitted up until 30 January 2019.
If you are interested in pursuing these opportunities, please contact us for all relevant information and forms at: email@example.com
Eligibility criteria - To qualify for La Trobe University PhD scholarship candidates must hold an Australian Bachelor degree Honours qualification completed to a minimum 80% (H1) standard (or international equivalent degree qualification and GPA). For candidates from Australian or New Zealand institutions Honours marks are accepted without further modification. International applicants, who typically will have completed a Masters course, will be assessed for Honours equivalence under the Australian system. As a general guide, you will need to have achieved an A-grade average (80%+) for both coursework and thesis components, with the thesis examined (and marked) independently by LTU academic staff. International candidates may also be required to provide evidence of academic English proficiency.