What do you get?
- Austral Ecology 8 issues/yr, and automatic online access via Blackwell Synergy
- The ESA Bulletin 4 issues/yr, available online and via email
- Regular e-news listing upcoming events and activities, grants and awards, job and student opportunities, conference information, book reviews etc.
- Hot Topics presenting the science behind current topical debates
- Member media release facility and daily newsfeed keeping you up to date on ecology in the news
- Online database where you can link to your research, current work projects, search our membership and list your interests
- Research chapter networks to keep in contact with colleagues working in a similar field
- Reduced Annual Conference registration fees
- Expanding range of member only prizes, research grants and travel grants for postgrads, early career researchers, regional activity and events, and outreach programs
- Dynamic website with latest news, comprehensive coverage of Society activities and governance, and social media connectivity
- 'Ecology in Action' Photo Competition
- Online services including: discussion forums, online payments and receipts, access to our correspondence and business documentation
- Opportunity to get involved - nominate for Board, Working Group, LOC membership or representation on scientific committees.
- Members are also entitled to a discount subscription to the journal Ecological Management and Restoration.
Who can apply?
- Any qualified professional, student or practitioner working in Ecology or a related field. Low income earners are encouraged to apply for special rate membership.
- All new membership applications must be supported by a one page CV and will be assessed on the basis that the applicants career activities or qualifications are consistent with the objects of the Society.
- ESA is an open organisation and encourages a broad membership. Simply send through a brief cv with your application and payment. If applying online, please send your cv by separate email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: ESA has the right to terminate membership where any member's annual subscription is more than 12 months in arrears, or where the conduct of any member is likely to bring discredit to the Society.