ESA is calling for expressions of interest for the position of Social Media Officer. This role will manage the Society’s social media accounts and work closely with the Media Working Group as well as the ESA Board and Working Group network. More information is available (link to PD). Applications should include relevant experience in Social Media management, interest in the position and proposed initiatives and direction, and a one page CV.
The Social Media Officer position within the Ecological Society of Australia (ESA) manages the Society’s social media accounts with the support of the Media Working Group, VP – Membership & Communications, Web Officer and Executive Officer, and plays a critical role in the Society’s communications to our members, the media and the broader community.
ESA currently has accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and Linkedin and would like to expand to Instagram. We would like to develop an integrated social media strategy that complements our current strategic direction and more effectively allows our members to interact with their Society and each other.
- is a paid casual position, approximately 3 hours/week;
- works closely with the Media Working Group & Executive Officer to manage the Society’s social media accounts;
- contributes to the development of a Social Media Strategy
The Social Media Officer is responsible for:
- managing ESA’s social media accounts through:
- regular and timely posts about ESA activities and other relevant issues
- effective integration across the suite of platforms being used and the ESA website
- implementing a comprehensive social media strategy in conjunction with the Media Working Group and VP-Membership & Communications
- identifying best practice and opportunities to maximise outcomes from social media activity
- maintaining ethical and authentic communication standards in accordance with ESA’s objectives and policies
- monitoring social media analytics and providing activity and outcome reports to the Board.