Hot Topics in Ecology are evidence-based syntheses of topics that are relevant to environmental policy development, land management and to broadening the community's ecological knowledge base. Hot Topics aim to deliver timely, factual overviews that promote the application of scientifically defensible ecological knowledge in public debate.
Each Hot Topic consists of a one-page summary and a database of peer-reviewed literature. Arguments put forward in the one-page summary are supported by evidence listed in the literature database.
ESA members can contribute to Hot Topics by:
- Creating a Hot Topic (suggest new Hot Topic button above)
- Contributing new research to a Hot Topic (submit supporting evidence button on each Hot Topic summary page)
- Communicating an existing Hot Topic, online or through other media
ESA members who contribute new reviews to existing Hot Topics should notify the primary author if the 300 word summary requires updating in light of the new evidence (cc to R.Standish@murdoch.edu.au).
Hot Topics is governed by an editorial board consisting of ecologists from around Australia.
Chair, Hot Topics Editorial Board
- Dr Rachel Standish, Murdoch University, WA
- Prof. Don Driscoll, Deakin University, VIC
- Dr David Duncan, University of Melbourne, VIC
- Dr Rodrigo Hamede, University of Tasmania, TAS
- Dr Brett Murphy, Charles Darwin University, NT
- A/Prof. Euan Ritchie, Deakin University, VIC
- Dr Daniel Rogers, Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources, SA
- Dr Christine Schlesinger, Charles Darwin University, NT
- A/Prof. Peter Vesk, University of Melbourne, VIC
- Prof. Glenda Wardle, University of Sydney, NSW