ESA event sponsorship
Each year ESA offers a limited number of grants (of up to $1,500) to support ecology related local activities, events, and initiatives around Australia.
Application is via the online form below. Applications are open to all ESA members, but must be received by the due date to be considered.
Applications for the ESA's 2019 event sponsorship grants are now open - closing 5 April.
Eligible activities may include (but are not limited to):
- education initiatives
- research chapter events
- public forums
- citizen science events
- field days etc.
Anything that brings people together around ecology is considered. It can include partnering with other local events or organisations as long as the ESA support is appropriately acknowledged and promoted.
- Applicants must be a financial member of the Society to apply.
- The event or initiative must be Australian-based.
- ESA must be acknowledged as a funding partner on all promotional & event materials.
- Successful recipients will need to provide a final report including images for the website and bulletin after the event, and provide proof of expenditure and a reconciled budget.
Applications will be assessed by the ESA Board. The following criteria will be considered when reviewing the applications:
- Alignment with the Society’s current Strategic Plan (available here).
- Alignment with the objects and principles as outlined in the Society’s Constitution (available here).
- Value to our membership in facilitating engagement & outreach &/or directors achieving their portfolio aims.
- Track-record of you or your organisation in delivering outcomes.
- Equity in allocation of money across a range of activities.
If you need any further information about the grants, please contact our Executive Officer.