Research is at the heart of ecological science. As the leading scientific association in Australia, ESA seeks to raise the professionalism and profile of ecological science, and increase professional opportunities for ecologists.
The society achieves this through
- producing two international journals, Austral Ecology and Environmental Management and Restoration
- organising an annual conference to provide opporutnities to share research outcomes
- facilitating network and collaborative opportunities through supporting research chapters
- acknowledging outstanding contributions to the field through the Gold Medal and the Australian Ecology Research Award
- supporting new researchers through a number of awards and scholarships for postgraduate students.