Benefits of Student Membership of the Ecological Society of Australia
One of the primary aims of the Ecological Society of Australia is to mentor and encourage early career ecologists. Student members enjoy a range of benefits and opportunities, including:
- Membership of a large, active, and highly respected network of ecologists.
- Access to publications inluding complimentary hard copy or online Austral Ecology and the quarterly online ESA Bulletin, and discounted subscription to the journal Ecological Management and Restoration, as well as regular communication updates on upcoming events and activities eg grants, awards, jobs and scholarships via e-news.
- Substantially reduced conference student registration fees. At the ESA conference you will hear about lots of ecological research in Australia and worldwide, have the opportunity to present your own work (student talks are given priority), and to meet top Australian ecologists and do some networking. There is also a dedicated student day before the conference which is highly recommended.
- Eligibility for a wide range of student prizes, including grants for applied and fundamental research, as well as a variety of prizes for posters and seminars at the annual conference.
- The opportunity to apply for student travel grants to fund attendance at the annual conference.
AND there’s a great rate for student membership.